Neoga CUSD #3 School Re-Opening Plan for SY 2021-2022
Neoga CUSD #3 School Re-Opening Plan for SY 2021-2022 Approved by the Board of Education on June 10, 2021.
- Remote learning will not be an option unless required by ISBE and/or IDPH.
- Masks will be optional for staff and students unless required by ISBE and/or IDPH.
- School will start at the usual times.
- School will be in session for a full day with 2:50 dismissal.
- Locker rooms will be utilized for PE, and students will wear required PE uniforms. We will resume and highly encourage the use of the weight room during PE.
- Students will eat lunch and breakfast in the cafeterias.
- The district will keep an additional custodian to ensure proper cleaning practices are maintained throughout the school day.
- Good hand hygiene will be strongly encouraged at all grade levels.
- All school meals will be free as long as the USDA allows. When the meal pattern changes, we will start charging for meals again.
- As we did in 2020-2021, the district will regularly benchmark students to look for learning loss and to help in determining interventions for students.
- Interventions will continue in all buildings with W.I.N. time re-established at NES and the Intervention period re-established at NJSHS.
- Chronic absenteeism will be referred to the ROE Attendance Specialist and/or the Cumberland County States Attorney as appropriate.
- All medical records, physicals, dental exams, and vision exams should be completed for students as indicated by law. Exclusion from school will be enforced when appropriate.
- PLC teams will meet as in the past with Tuesday and Thursday as "tight" times.
- Staff will be allowed to wear blue jeans on Fridays only or as approved for special circumstances.
- Athletic programs will run as normal with full activity fees charged and admission charged at indoor, home sporting events.
- The district will be prepared to adjust educational and athletic programming as necessary.